DP/CAN coupler Layer 2 - 700-651-CAN01
On the PROFIBUS-DP, the DP/CAN coupler is a normal participant.
The I/O data of the CANopen® participants is shown in the PROFIBUS in a transparent and freely configurable manner.
The DP/CAN coupler is integrated in the hardware configurator with a GSD file and can be completely configured there. Additional tools are not necessary.
The DP/CAN coupler Layer 2 allows you to connect any number of CAN participants to the PROFIBUS-DP.
The DP/CAN coupler Layer 2 must be parameterized in the hardware configurator as a PROFIBUS participant. Corresponding GSD files are included with the device.
The PROFIBUS side is configured as a DP slave.
- Up to 1 Mbps CAN transfer rate
- Up to 12 Mbps PROFIBUS-DP
- Address setting using DIP switches
- Easy configuration via GSD file
- No handling blocks or parameterization software necessary
- 3 status LEDs
- Extended ambient temperature
- USB port for firmware updates
- Any protocols via Layer 2 possible
- CAN 2.0A (11 bit)
- CAN 2.0B (29 bit)
- Timer for cyclical frames